Commitment and Policy
The Company realizes that the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities is an integral part of the Company’s business processes. The long term sustainability is unable to achieve solely through the fulfillment of regulation, operational and financial target, but the Company must be able to maintain a balance between Economic, Social, and Environment performance or the 3Ps (Profit, People, Planet) in order to be able to create long term benefit for the stakeholders. It is the Company’s commitment to implement CSR programs that refer to the Company’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
All CSR programs are aimed to improve the communities welfare around the mine area. To achieve these goals, the strategic objectives include :
- Establishing a harmonious relationship between the Company and communities around the mine.
- Increasing employment thorough professional management practices.
- Improving the living standards of the communities around the mine areas.
- Providing safe, comfortable and healthy work environment for employees and all relevant parties.
The Company’s CSR program involves the participation of its subsidiary, namely PT Bukit Makmur Mandiri Utama (BUMA), which implements the CSR programs in accordance with the conditions of its business environment. Based on the SDGs’ pillars, the Company’s CSR program includes 4 (four) aspects, namely: :
- Environmental responsibility;
- Employment, occupational safety and health responsibility;
- Social and community responsibility; and
- Responsibility towards the consumers
The legal basis of CSR implementation that include the fulfillment of the four areas of responsibilities are:
- Law No. 8 of 1999 on Consumer Protection.
- Law No. 13 of 2003 on Employment.
- Law No. 40 of 2007 about Limited Liability Company and Government Regulation No. 47 of 2012 on Social and Environmental Responsibility.
- Law No. 25 of 2007 on Investment.