Commitment and General Policy of Human Resource Management
The Company puts employment aspects as part of its responsibility to maintain business sustainability. The Company’scommitment to implement labor practices in accordance with the prevailing laws, is realized by protecting the rights of each employee, including the application of principles of fairness and openness, attention employee welfare, fairness in employement, gender equality, and the provision of a healthy and safe work environment.
HR Management Targets
- Appropriate recruitment and employees deployment.
- Preparation of quality SDM through internal-external training and development program.
- Talent management through Leadership Camp program.
- Competitive remuneration and benefit policies.
- Industrial Relations Management.
- Internalization of the Company’s culture and values.
Improving Employee Engagement
The efforts to create employee engagement have been the main focus of the Company and Subsidiaries in recent years. Various activities, both involving employees and activities for employee families, are intensively organized with measurable objectives. There are also employee bonding activities, involving their family members, that are regularly carried out in Semarang, Yogyakarta, Malang, Balikpapan, Berau. Tanjung Tabalong, Batu Kajang and Angsana.
Designed to build togetherness, the activities are encapsulated under BUMA One (B-One). B-One has 4 (four) important pillars that represent the program’s key objectives, namely:
- Effective communication at all levels, through various means and media provided by the company, such as intranet and portals.
- Increased learning appetite facilitated by knowledge sharing activities such as leader’s talk, leaders Café and town hall held regularly by inviting speakers from outside the Company.
- Togetherness promoted through various sports, arts, social and other informal events.
- Stronger relationship between employees’ families through gathering events held regularly in some areas of employees’ This kind of event allows for families to interact and build solidarity.
To ensure that the four B-One pillars are able to run properly and sustainably, the Company has set up an Internal Communication (IC) function that is in charge and responsible for managing internal communication programs including managing the Intranet, portals, and other internal communications channels, initiating the establishment of a B’Family groups, and organizing gathering events. In addition, the Company regularly organizes B-Closer programs that features various routine and thematic activities for both employees and their family members.
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company has no particular policy governing gender equality and employment opportunity. However, the Company upholds the principle of equality in employment relationship and in the recruitment process. The Company is open to all prospective employees regardless of ethnic, racial, religious, and gender differences. The selection process of prospective employees considers initial interview result and an individual’s qualification. Likewise, in terms of employee participation in training and development programs, the Company provides equal opportuity for all employees to join professional development activities according to their skills and types of work.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
Realizing its OHS responsibility, the Company provides protection for employees. Employees need to work safely and comfortably in order for productivity to increase.
- Maintain health and safety of working environment
- Improve productivity, efficiency, and quality of workers.
- Create a workplace that is safe, healthy, and free from environmental A safe workplace minimizes, even eliminates, the risk of accidents and ultimately increases work productivity.
- Minimize or even achieve zero accident rate and work-related illnesses.
- Identify all hazards and environmental impacts of workplace, as well as asses the related risks and opportunities.
- Enhance the field supervision quality by implementing SHE accountability program.
- Provide sufficient budget in order to implement effective system of OSH and environmental.
- Provide consultation and participation media for workers and their representatives.
Each worker is entitled to have protection to their safety and healthy in all activities. At the same time, each employee is equally responsible to adhere to safety and health principles at the workplace for the benefit of themselves, their co-workers, and their environment.
The Company realizes that OHS performance affects its business continuity, thus the Company places safety and health of all employees, the surrounding communities, and the environment are paramount regardless of where the Company operates. OHS policies are not just manuals to be complied with; more importantly, safety and health awareness must be part of the employees’ daily conduct.
The Company’s OHS system pursues the zero-harm objective and considers three principles, namely:
- Ensure the safety of each worker, including sub-contractor, from the time they arrive until the time they leave the workplace.
- Ensure the safety of the Company’s properties and assets.
- Ensure that all operational activities are environmentally-conscious.
Based on the evaluation so far, the company implements OHS enhancement initiative SAHABAT SHE (SHE Campaign, SHE accountability, one on one coaching, Near-miss recording, fronline speak up, fatigue management, small group discussion, follow-up MCU, and WMP monitoring) for employees to foster mutual care and knowledge sharing. Health programs for employees are also improved, such as through regular health screening, joint exercise, and health seminar.
The Company has established an OHS Committee at the head office, led by GM of Human Capital Management (HCM). At jobsite level, OHS committee is led by a Project Manager, with an OHS Manager as the executive manager. The Chairman of the OHS Committee on each jobsite is appointed by the President Director. The Committee also has employees representatives who are in charge of communicating OHS policies to their coworkers and providing input on OHS practices to the Committee.
To carry out OHS management, the Company:
- Monitors workers’ health.
- Involves workers to preserve and clean the environment.
- Provides rehabilitation efforts for workers who are affected by work-related incidents/illnesses.
- Manages first aid and emergency response, as well as provides health facility
- Anticipates and learns about hazards at the workplace, both from the perspective of hazardous condition and behavior.
- Provides occupational safety procedures as guidelines.
- Provides an understanding and training of OHS which related to their job.
- Facilitates protective equipments to all employees according to their job risk.
- Supervises employees to always comply with safety signs and other safety regulations such as using safety tools.
- Implements surveillance to control hazards and risks in mine operations areas.
- Enacts the four pillars of health efforts (promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative) for all employees.
To ensure that OHS is managed with the same standards throughout its operating areas, the Company implements the B’Safe integration management system . B’Safe is started by identifying risks of accidents through regularly reviews OHS peformance as well as the result of risk control and mitigation efforts.
To improve compliance with OHS standards, the integrated OHS Management System has been accredited by an independent agency of SGS and obtained OHSAS 18001:2007 certification that is valid till March 2021.
The Company continues to strive to improve accident prevention performance by enforcing OHS regulations to minimize accident rate.
The Company’s OHS programs, among others:
- OHS National Month celebration.
- Blood donation.
- High Risk Activity Control Program: a system to control and minimize risks in any high risk area/a
- Fatigue Predictive is one of the Operator Productivity projects on fatigue management. Fatigue Predictive helps the Company to determine an Operator’s Fit to Work level and predict the time when fatigue starts to appear.
- B’Safe Apps is one of the Operator Productivity projects that is intended for supervisors. The app is used for hazard reporting and monitoring follow-up.
- SHE Internal Audit.
- OHS and Environment Committee meeting.
- Post incident management (reporting incident, cause analysis, lessons learned, video making).
To ensure that its OHS performance improves, the Company has the following programs in place:
- Control over high risk work such as daily schedule plan, last minute check, and gap hunting.
- GENBA is OHS inspection and observation conducted by Supervisor and Leader to ensure that safe working practices have been implemented and to show Leaders’ concerns for employees (Felt Safety Leadership).
- Hazard reporting using B’Safe Apps.
- Critical Risk Finding: report and follow-up critical findings to prevent incidents.